Prior to coming on board full time in July 2010, I worked part time under the late, great Congie DeVito. He’s the person who really got my career started and taught me the ropes.
My main responsibility with WPT is to keep Partners informed about members of their stable on a regular basis through our website, e-mail updates, videos, etc. I also serve as WPT's racing manager and am a member of the WPT buying team at the sales. I grew up following my dad around the sales and backside.
I married Daniel Birkenhauer on June 14, 2014. We met at the University of Kentucky as undergrads. Daniel graduated from UK's Dental School in May 2014 and we now live on a small farm just outside Bowling Green, KY.
- Graduated from the University of Kentucky with a B.S. in Animal Science.
- Spent some time in Ireland during college studying horses and Irish racing.
- After college, took a two-week European vacation with a friend and attended the Royal Ascot meeting -- what an experience. Saw Goldikova’s win and was only a few feet from the Queen.
- I've owned seven off-the-track horses and participated in the sport of 3-day-eventing since middle school, competing through the CCI* level. I've owned a former West Point horse named Seminary Ridge since 2008.
- My brother Ryan is a professional soccer player.
- We have three dogs -- two Borzois (Russian wolfhounds) and a beagle/sheltie mix who was homeless and showed up at my husband's dental office.
My parents started this partnership group 25 years ago, and I couldn’t be prouder of their accomplishments. We went from only having a few claimers to building one of the top stables in the country.
Horse racing, riding horses, hiking, running, cooking, handicapping, traveling, hunting, clay shooting, concerts, taking my dogs to the dog park.
Awesome Vision and I on cross country:
Erin BirkenhauerRacing Manager/Director of Communications