|Location||Camden, South Carolina|
- Seemingly, when you’ve been there before and it was very good, you begin to believe in destiny. When all things karma collide in a single, living breathing colt, you pay attention. Things were just too eerie, too right, too loud an air horn from the racing gods when this colt meandered out of his stall with a “dare ya to walk away “ kind of presence. The karma? Oozing from every corner at the Saratoga Select sale and hip number 47.
- He’s the son of Tizway, the winner of the Met Mile (G1) AND the Whitney (G1), the same headline race that highlights the weekend of the Saratoga Sale. Tizway sired his first winner over the weekend when Tizzarunner rallied to score in a Woodbine maiden special weight for trainer Mark Casse and owner John Oxley.
- The colt’s broodmare sire? Holy Bull, also a Met Mile winner. Holy Bull also won the Travers at Saratoga, is the sire of WPT’s very first Kentucky Derby starter Flashy Bull, and grandsire of our grade one winner Macho Again.
- Finally throw in this little factoid. This colt was raised on the same farm as Commanding Curve. The karma collision was more than overwhelming.
- The colt just flat out killed it physically. He’s a late foal, born May 24, but his physique demanded to be at one of the first yearling sales of the year. He has a 7.9 heart and a body to match. And he moves like a surfer who caught the perfect wave. After the hammer dropped, one of the top guys at Fasig-Tipton came up to Tom Bellhouse and said, “That horse was the steal of the sale. I should have bought him for myself.”
- Karma and a killer-bodied colt, we kinda had to pay attention. Sometimes destiny taps and taps on your shoulder until the bruising begins. This bruiser ended up with us.
Dam: Bullville Belle
Broodmare Sire: Holy Bull
Birthdate: May 24, 2014
Sire Line: Tizway, Tiznow, Cee’s Tizzy
Dam Sire Line: Holy Bull, Great Above, Ruthie’s Native
Dosage index: 3.00
Center of distribution: 0.5
Horses Bred on Same Cross: Mimi’s Tizzy, Hueasca